Saturday, December 21, 2013

Temporary single parent life...

I really have to commend single parents or parents that have to parent alone most of the time because their spouse is away. It really is a lot of work. In my case I still don't have to work as hard as a stay at home mom, but being on your own for those few days/weeks really is a lot of work. It always reminds me to be grateful to Matt and everything he does for Dean and I.
Sucky parts to being alone: have to play good and bad parent all the time by myself (I think I am slowly starting to lose credibility with her...), cooking for 1 adult and 1 toddler, being alone, cold bed and nobody to warm my feet, nobody there when I randomly decide I want to say something...although Dean does talk back now...not that all of it makes sense lol...it is almost Christmas and we are not near ready!!!
Good parts to being along: more bed space! I am always reminded of how much Matthew does around the house and for Dean and I and how much I miss him already and how much I love and appreciate him.

Today has been a long day. I don't think anyone in the family got any sleep last night (well maybe Caleb) Monica went into labour again last night...she is too early...I think her due date is Feb 8th 2014. We are all excited to meet the little lady, but at the same time nervous that she wants to come out so soon. We are all praying for the best. They managed to stop the labour but Monica has to stay in the hospital for now.

Dean was adorable all day...gave the best cuddles and kisses and helped with baby Kyler...she was truly such a blessing all day. I wanted to write down a conversation we had this week so that I wouldn't forget it, was adorable...was one of the first times I've been proven correct that she does listen and understand what we are saying to her...

Dean is a neat freak, she always has to be clean, she spills on her shirt, we change it, her hands are dirty we wash them, her diaper is dirty we change it, we walk to school in the snow and each step she has to brush the snow off her boots. The other day I was laying on the couch and she comes up to me all upset "mom, it's dirty" holding out her hand..."oh, ok...all clean now" as I wipe her hand off quickly (I didn't see any dirt) "No mom!! My finger..." holds finger out "Oh ok, I'll clean it" wipe off her finger and feel something kind of wet and chunky while I mutter to myself " ew...what the heck was that?" Dean thinking I was talking to her says " my bum..." ...I laughed so hard and was so grossed out....her diaper was dirty so she tried to take her pants and diaper off in one fell swoop and touched the dirty part...needless to say it was bathtime hahaha...I love that girl!!

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, you blogged. I'm shocked!! :) Continue to write down your little conversations with Dean. They are so sweet and funny. And she was an angel yesterday. Love that girl!

    ReplyDelete